The objective is to learn how to effectively negotiate and manage projects financed by the Horizon Programme, both financially and organisationally. The course will provide effective management techniques for technical, administrative and financial tasks, as well as recommendations for action in conflict situations.
It is intended that at the end of the course the participants will know:
- The general management aspects of the projects financed by the Horizon Europe Programme.
- The steps to follow when negotiating the Grant Agreement with the European Commission.
- The basics to elaborate a good consortium agreement (Comsortiun Agreement).
- The roles that each partner involved in a project has in relation to the management of the project (coordinator, partner, collaborator, stakeholder, target group, subcontractor…).
- The responsibilities that a project manager has towards the European Commission and the Consortium.
- How to prepare progress and final project reports in order to be positively evaluated by the European Commission.
- The typical problems faced by a manager of a project funded by the Horizon Programme, how to avoid them and how to solve them.
- How to run the scientific and technical management of a multinational project effectively.
- Best practices for the administrative management of a project.
- Best practices in financial management to control expenses.
- The effective management of industrial and intellectual property rights in the framework of a project funded by the Horizon Europe Programme.
- The possible forms and structures of European project management.
- The approach to communication and dissemination activities (internal and external).
It is aimed at entities interested in participating in R&D&I projects of an applied nature in collaboration with entities from another country.